I wasn’t too sure what I wanted to post about when I logged into my blog this evening, but after some thought, I figured why not host a little Q&A session – a sort of “get to know the blogger” type deal, if you will. For some of my readers, this may seem a little pointless as you know me in real life and we’re friends on Facebook, etc. You never know, though, you may learn something new about me! I may come to regret this later, but screw it! If there’s anything you’d like to know about me that was not revealed here, leave me a comment here or on one of my social media accounts and I’ll give you an answer!
I found a questionnaire online to help get me started on this, so I’ll pick some of the interesting questions from that as well as voluntarily disclosing some “interesting” facts about myself. Here we go!
If you were another person, would you be your friend?
Yes. I do have a lot of flaws and a lot that I dislike about myself, BUT I do consider myself a good person when it comes to other people and I do consider myself to be a good friend. No one messes with my friends and family and those I care about.
What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
Here; America. I was born in Wales and lived there until I was 12. Then I moved to New England in 2000, then I moved again to Georgia in 2004. Although I have spent more than half my life in the US, I still consider Wales to be my home. I’m very proud to be Welsh.
What are your hobbies?
I enjoy writing, listening to music, playing drums, camping/being outdoors, cooking, discovering/drinking new beer, drinking a lot of coffee, beard care, and spending time with my family.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Within the US, I’d live in a few places, such as Boston, Seattle, or Portland (Oregon and Maine). Outside of the US, I’d absolutely love to live in Sweden, Germany, Italy, or Norway.
What did you want to be when you were small?
A football player (soccer to you guys) or a rock star. I still want to get back in a band and tour everywhere.
If you could go back in time, what year would you go to?
I absolutely love the 80s. I love the music, fashion, movies, everything. I would have loved to be in my 20s in that decade. I’m not sure what exact year, but I would definitely go back to somewhere in the 1980s.
List two pet peeves.
People talking over me and people who don’t pay enough attention to their hygiene.
What is your biggest fear?
I’m afraid of my depression sometimes. That it will suck the soul completely out of me. I mean, I fight demons on a daily basis. I have for years and years, but I’m afraid that my demons, my dark cloud, will completely encapsulate me. Same for my anxiety. It’s such a hard battle, but I’m holding my own.
On that note, let’s switch it up a little bit and list some favourites.
- Movie: The Breakfast Club, The Departed, The Dark Knight Trilogy (obvs. The Dark Knight is the best one, though).
- Band: I literally cannot pick one. My all time favourites though are Korn, Slipknot, New Found Glory, Senses Fail, Iron Maiden, and Twenty One Pilots.
- Genre: Metal. I love it loud. Metal and hard rock are my favourites, followed very closely by pop punk.
- Book: Brian ‘Head’ Welch’s “Save Me From Myself.” That book was instrumental in me becoming who I am today.
- Color: Easy, black.
- Actor/Actress: Matt Damon, Leo, Christian Bale, Helena Bonham Carter, Angelina Jolie.
- TV Show: The Office.
- Superhero: Batman. DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK? HELLO!
- Villain: The Joker. Also Freddy Krueger and Smaug.
- Restaurant: Volcano Asian Bistro. Hands down the best sushi I’ve ever had.
- NFL Team: New England Patriots.
- Football Team: Everton FC.
- Drink: Coffee, sweet tea, beer, whiskey, in no particular order.
- Food: I love a good curry.
- Number: 6 or 26. Not sure why, I’ve just always sort of been drawn to those numbers.
- Scents: Gasoline, fresh cut grass, and the smell of rain-soaked tar mac.
A little more about myself:
Like I’ve already said, I’m a huge Batman fan. Christian Bale and Adam West are my favourite Batmen and Ben Affleck is just… let’s not speak of that abomination of a casting decision. I’m a Hufflepuff (well, more like 70/30 Hufflepuff/Slytherin hybrid). I drink coffee like it’s water and beer like it’s coffee. I am itching to keep listing amazing bands that I didn’t list above. Like Caliban and Amon Amarth. I am a collector of shot glasses and Funko Pop! vinyls. Proud to be Welsh, proud to be a ginger, proud to be bearded. I am married to my beautiful soulmate, Courtney, and we have two amazing daughters together – Helena and Lily.
If there’s anything I didn’t answer here that you’re still wondering about then leave me a comment or ask on one of my social media accounts and I’ll be sure to answer you! Thanks for making it this far and not getting bored!